Community Engagement Manager
The submission period is now closed, and we would like to thank everyone who has applied for this exciting new role at Rock ‘n’ Roll Camp for Girls. Stayed tuned for the announcement of our new team member soon.
Position: Community Engagement Manager
Full-Time/Salaried (flexible office hours) – $30,000 to $35,000 commensurate w/experience
Rock ‘n’ Roll Camp for Girls in Portland, Oregon is looking for an outgoing, energetic, and creative individual to be our new Community Engagement Manager (CEM).
Rock Camp’s community includes our fans and supporters, our campers and their families, and our generous volunteers. The CEM’s role is to ensure that this community remains connected and engaged with our mission to amplifying the voices of gender-marginalized youth. The ideal candidate has a working knowledge of email marketing platforms, social media outreach and content generation, strong written, verbal, and inter-personal communication skills, familiarity with database management, strong organizational and adaptability skills, enjoys building relationships, and believes in the power of music and education to change lives.
Key duties of this position include:
Marketing & Communications
Synchronize communications across all platforms with our branding and our mission.
- Generate annual marketing calendar for social media, e-newsletter, and print advertising.
- Generate creative content for marketing and communications.
- Optimize social media content for each platform’s distribution algorithm.
- Collaborate with staff members to plan and execute annual internal fundraising events.
- Manage logistics for fundraising events generated by external organizations.
Ensuring campers and their families feel important to Rock Camp’s success
- Update and launch Active registration platform annually for summer camp registration.
- Update and launch tuition assistance application form for summer camp.
- Process tuition assistance applications in a timely manner.
- Manage communications with campers and their families regarding programming updates/changes, questions/concerns, and events.
Recruiting, training, and engaging all volunteers to build and enhance their connection to Camp.
- Set-up and oversee volunteer and intern applications, background checks and interviews
- Maintain volunteer database and communicate with volunteers and interns
- Develop and lead orientations/workshops for interns and volunteers
- Update and disseminate training information for volunteers and interns
- Recruit workshop presenters for Summer Camp
- Keep volunteers and interns accountable to our mission, code of conduct and handbook