Seasonal Staff Position: June 15th – August 14th
$5000 stipend at the conclusion of camp, commensurate on your performance as the Camp Coordinator. We CANNOT pay you BEFORE the completion of the summer camp season in August.
Rock ‘n’ Roll Camp for Girls mission is to build the self-esteem of girls and trans youth through music creation and performance. Providing workshops and technical training, we create leadership opportunities, cultivate a supportive community of peers and mentors, and encourage social change and the development of life skills.
We are looking for someone to join our small but mighty team for Summer Camp 2020 to help us make Rock Camp magic and be a part of an organization that quite literally rocks!
In collaboration with full-time staff, the Camp Coordinator will support summer camp in all of the following areas:
- Participate in both Load-In, set-up, and Load-Out of Camp
- Participate in and help facilitate Summer Camp Orientations
- Conduct Opening & Closing Assembly each day of camp
- Ensure transitions between instruction, lunch & workshops/band practice happen in a timely manner
- Help teach campers the camp song during closing assembly at the end of each day
- Support Band Managers and Interns during band practice
- Support set-up of instruments and tuning during instrument instruction
- Work with Interns to plan, practice, and perform skits
- Facilitate end of day meetings with Interns or Band Managers
- Support Showcase set-up, execution, and load-out *You must be able to work every Saturday showcase (4 Saturdays total)
- Support prep work for camps in off-weeks Tuesday – Friday, ie: re-setting & organizing gear, tuning guitars, making name tags, light cleaning, screen printing, prep work, other miscellaneous tasks.
- Other duties as assigned
Successful candidates will have experience/skills with some or all of the following:
- Playing drums, guitar, bass, Vox, and/or ukulele
- Volunteering or being a camper at Rock Camp in the past
- Working with youth/teens
- Basic computer & communication skills
This position also requires the individual to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. for extended periods of time. Gear transport, set up, break down, load-in and load-out are a large part of the work involved with Rock ‘n’ Roll Camp for Girls.
Candidate must be at least 18 years old and have reliable transportation.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description visit girlsrockcamp.org Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1st 2020.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to any special requirements (e.g., criminal records check).